|Inson Wood insists the views are the single most important element to any ski house.|
|According to Inson Wood, The Jacuzzi is a critical part of any ski home|
|Even if you choose a smaller home - make sure you have a hearth, tv, and radiant floors with ample seating and at least one good view.|
|Its all about the seating - lounge and dining.|
|Alternate workout areas including the gym and pool are a must.|
|Inson Wood adds that the fireplace and dining table create the entire atmosphere of a ski home.|
|Inson Wood defines the ski house as the ultimate escape - time to download with friends and family.|
|Inson Wood recommends using wood throughout the ski house on all surfaces: walls, floors, ceilings, colums and beams.|
|Make the home cosy and inviting - ample lounge seating and a big dining table.|
|The indoor garage is an added bonus.|
|Inson Wood implores clients to have the biggest dining table possible - as shown here.|
|Fireplace is critical - no matter how small.|
|Inson Wood says - the hearth is the soul of a home.|
|Inson Wood insists on a fireplace for all ski homes.|
Top Interior Designer Architect, Inson Wood, gives us his top 7 design elements when building, buying or renting a ski home.
1. Fireplace - The hearth is the center of a home. Nothing creates a feeling of coziness and conversation better than gathering around a roaring mantle.
2. Dining Table - even if you have a small house - you must have a big table that can seat 8 to 14 guests. The whole point of the ski house is to entertain. Who ever has the biggest table wins especially during the holidays.
3. Ample guest bedrooms - its always nice to be able to invite friends and family over - bunk beds can work for adults too. Pack it in - you won't regret giving your guests the best memories they will have forever.
4. Views - although big windows are often costly, if insulated well - its all about the view.
5. Indoor Gym/ Pool and the Warm Workout option - inevitably you will have guests that don't want to ski 24-7 - a pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room are a huge benefit during the down time, rainy day, or for those who have had enough of the slopes.
6. Radiant heating - Nothing can rob a wonderful vacation if everyone is freezing. Radiant also evaporates the snow tracked in.
7. Lounge - Ample seating with the option for Audio visual. - Even if you're not a fan of TV your guests might be and there's always the need to keep the kids occupied with videos and video games.